I have been loving putting pen to paper for a few years now and really enjoy making beautiful friendships through the disappearing art of letter writing. With each letter I send out I simply love including a few extra things in the envelope such as stickers, die-cuts, gift tags, little cards or notes but have never really included washi tapes (since they are so bulky) until now.
For this mini DIY project you’ll need:
- Polypropylene sheets
- Washi tapes
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Corner cutter
- Permanent Markers (for optional decorating)
- Cut the polypropylene sheets to the size you want. If you’re planning on sending this in your snail mail make sure you make it small enough to fit into your envelope!
- Round off the corners to eliminate sharp edges. Scissors may also be used to cut the corners.￼
- For this next step you can decorate the swatch with markers that are smudge-resistant for a creative touch! This is optional of course.
- Now the fun part – choose which washi tapes you’d like to stick on the swatch and wind the tape around as many times as you like. The more tape, the heavier your letter will be.
- And there you have it! Get as creative as you like, there really are no rules for this DIY.